Last memory of one's shadow
.the one who finally learns.
I'm the one who listens when no one cares. The one who talks to you when you need an honest but silly answer. The one who cheers you up when the world becomes mean. The one who's willing to do things for you. The one who gives you things out of the blue. The one who says nice things for you to hear and covers your ears so you won't get hurt by what they say.
I'm the one who waits until it gets dark. The one who puts you first than anybody else (including me). The one who keeps up with your vanity. The one who smells perfume I am allergic to. The one who brings tissue if you have the colds. The one who remembers your fave songs, fave movies and all the other things you love. The one who gets bruised of words, insults and slaps to let those things off your chest. The one who joins you for the beer and keep you steady. The one who becomes a wallflower if they show up. The one who ditches my own friends to watch you eat.
I'm the one who curses the day when you are sad. The one who smiles for you. The one you leave behind when you go away and stays because you said you'd come back. The one who gets wet because you want to walk in the rain. The one who'd walk a long stretch just to go somewhere you like.
I'm the one who keeps on hearing about the one you like. The same one you keep on sending mixed signals to.
The one who follows you. The one behind you. The one who likes you.
The one you'd never notice, but still wishes you would. The one who will never speak up.
Who am I?
I'm your shadow.
And this is your last memory of me.

<< Home