Friday, December 03, 2004

Today...death toll goes up to 900...either they're missing or they’re dead. Upon reading/ watching the news, I noticed that our leaders are blaming each other. They don't want to take fault for what happened. Everybody's contradicting each other. Quoting Max Soliven in his column today, "we're a people who talk too much, delighting in expressing paranoid ideas even if there's not a shred of evidence to substantiate our wild rantings, we're the experts not just in shooting off our mouths, but shooting ourselves in the foot...we still retain a fake "nationalism" coupled with a chronic mendicant mentality." And Jose Sison. "Another heartbreaking tragedy waiting to happen has happened. But every time these unfortunate incidents occur, government officials concerned busy themselves only with explanations and justifications to save their own necks from the chopping block."
I can see why it's so difficult for a person to be happy right now, unless you're part of those who aren't physically affected e.g. you're happy about the suspension of classes, you live somewhere not affected by flood or in a place that only calls for signal no.1 or 2, you're ignorant, or you're just too optimistic about it. And I can say i am part of the latter. So, I'm supposed to say im so lucky and all that crap. Not good to think about myself right now.
Going back, I noticed a lot of people are probably bitter right now...im not sure if I used the correct term. But everybody's thinking of how it was nice/bad before. It also goes for the Chinese-Japanese thing. I remembered what Laureen Velasco said in her handout: "The heaviest bag in our intellectual baggage, however, consists not of ideas or concepts but rather of memories- i.e. the collection of memories store in our mind; memories to which we cling if they are pleasurable, or reject if they are painful...We cling to a memory of that moment which is no longer there, to a past that is dead but refuses to die and struggles to resurrect in our minds."
Our leaders really suck right now. Lahat kasi tayo tamad. ...But its hard to trust them right now...binoto nga sila para ayusin yung pinas tas ngayon...kung anu-anong lumalabas...corruption, pork thing…you name it...are they really selfish?! i hope not.
Wala lang...just saying these things...parang ang bumoboto na din ako noh...hehe apektado ba kamo?  Posted by Hello