Friday, December 01, 2006

which is more worthy?

I was struck by something I read for philper.

Robert Solomon said:
One might love a person for all "right" reasons but yet feel bored, suffocated, weak, unproductive, sexless or just plain guilty because of it. And one cane love for all the "wrong" reasons and feel exhilirated, daring, adventuruous and, in general, extremely good about oneself.

Choice of the "wrong" lover can ruin your life or at least several months of it, but in return for that disaster one might suffer grandly, feel nobly sorry for oneself, publish beautiful poetry, develop an exquisite sensitivity. On the other hand, the "right" relationship may be just that--two pieces of a puzzle that fit precisely, and that's the end of it. Nothing to build. No conflicts, nowhere to move. Nothing to complain about.


..so, to those who feels confused about this mush, I ask you, which would you choose?