Monday, July 31, 2006

beyond myself

Prayer of Jabez
i pray that you would bless me and enlarge my territory,
let your hand be with me and keep me away from evil.

it maybe one of the shortest prayers i know, but somehow it has proved to be really powerful in what i do, especially with me being frustrated over being active in extracurricular activities. I try to offer these projects for His glory. But its quite impossible to move people or shake their busy heads and convince them to agree with your principles. My grades are really flunking but it hasn't stopped me from offering my time to these projects. I pray that I'm able to serve this purpose.

i learned a lot of from GK Baseco's Tito Raul about our mentality on the poor. I agree that the word OUTREACH should be changed, because it has given the impression that there is this huge gap between us. Their situation only pushes us to give out of pittance, because we focus on pity/awa, instead of their real self; trying to build up their self-esteem in developing their right to dream. And he posed this question: Will what you do make an impact in their lifetime or only just for a year?