Sunday, January 22, 2006

head on collision

God knows how thankful I am to arrive home safely from Mara's house.
You might be thinking that some random guy or taxi driver threatened me with a balisong to hand in my junk. Nothing of that sort actually. im not sure if this is anything serious.

21 hours ago, i was riding in a taxi staring blankly out the window. (MTV ba kamo?)
Some of my friends were staying at Mara's that night (shucks, wala na ako sa sleepover club)
and since I didn't tell my parents that I went to two birthday parties (cay's and mara's),
I had to go home.

so, it was past midnight, we were cruising along the service road,
when the taxi driver suddenly swerved to the right, almost hitting the gutter,
to avoid this 10-wheeler truck coming toward us.
apparently, the truck driver was eating half of our lane. we almost collided.
We were already quite far when the taxi driver decided to stop and see what happened.
Since I was lost in space around that time, it was only then when I realized that the truck hit the car behind us.

So, the driver got out and I turned around to see the accident for myself.
From what I saw, it looked pretty serious. the passenger seat door flung open and the front exterior seemed to be fucked up. There were several cars who pulled over, probably to check out the incident and see if anyone got hurt.

what's more terrible is the fact that the 10-wheeler truck moved back and went away as if nothing has happened. parang sabi niya "oops natamaan pala kita" at biglang umalis.
another case of hit-and-run. the truck driver obviously had no guts to face what he did.
I don't think the victims got the plate no. of the truck.
Just imagine how much they had to pay for the damage they are not even guilty of.

Hopefully, everyone who's in that car are okay now.
The taxi driver told me that he'd come back after dropping me off.
That night proved to be poignant in terms of teaching me to act more responsibly.
Sneaking out, adventure with patchoi, being part of the 18th candles at the very last minute, enjoying the night.
I had a lot of realizations that night. God was I enlightened.

[[ang galing lang ng iba sa mga realizations ko...kung kami yung natamaan ng truck, e di mababangga kami, kung wala naman kaming sugat, hindi naman ako makakatawag kasi ubos na load ko nun, tas mapapastay pa ako kasi part of the accident ako, tas hindi k alam kung paano uuwi, kpag pinahiram ako ng phone at tinawagan ko ang bahay nmin, magugulat pa sila sa nangyari, malalaman na nasa taxi ako, at hindi mall ang pinaggalingan ko blah blah, tuloy tuloy yan...]]

we can't really blame others for acting ruthless because at times we're guilty of it too.
It depends on how we respond to our actions.
would you fight or flee?