Sunday, September 04, 2005

mega and lari's birthday bash

Impulsiveness mixed with a pinch of uncertainty made Lari and Mega's 19th 3-day birthday bash memorable.

The meals we had were definitely more than enough, but we just can't help filling up our bloated stomachs and emptying every dish we ordered.

I'm still full after eating about 4-5 hours ago at Gerry's grill in Blue wave. And I swear if we'll have sisig and sizzling squid, for dinner, I'll have to kill myself... I don't think I could ever look at food the same way again. It looks as if those pancit-canton-for-breakfast-and-dinner days were fully compensated into this major foodfest. Yum. Yum.

So here are the details:
I met up with them (mega,lari,steph,mikka,kar,KAREN,patch,jp,fonz) in new world hotel...717 after I made their gift. Since they went swimming earlier, they all looked so fresh and clean. Compared to them, I looked like a drag because I had to walk in the rain on the way from gb1 to new world, because the taxi driver I rode in annoyed me.

I stayed with lari, waiting for her relative to arrive, while they left for gb to eat. jp and fonz also stayed behind and we were all playing with lari's cute nephews, coby and miguel. :)

I went down to the pool, even if it was raining, for a yb...but left immediately after I saw a group of guys in trunks entering. oh no, my innocent eyes! hahaha

we had dinner at masas... Mikka and Mega offered me her rice when we came in ...haha, I was hungry. *rice for now* and I offered kar and fonz my rice while they were waiting for the rice they ordered. haha, sweet naming lahat! ....kar eventually finished most of the food.. whahaha even if at first, she said she was full and clearly pointed out that she doesn't want another bowl of rice.

JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR--di matakaw o patay-gutom si Kar. Emptying 3 bowls of rice is part of her genes. Take it from her older sister. haha:) love you kar!

after, we spent most of the time walking around gb because we couldn't decide where we wanted to go or where mega and lari wants to be when the clock struck midnight. finally decided to go to baywalk. When we arrived, most had the feeling that they didn't want to be there... after a can of beer and a glass of halu-halo, we left.

We crashed at fonz's place (kasi Cinderella ampota), 10 pa lang hinahanap na ni mama at papa. At nagkwentuhan nalang... :) I was entertained by my 3 bubbly friends (steph, kar, karen) who cannot stop playing the i-can-name-4 or i-can-name-10 game, which came from the game knb show. at muntik na ang laglagan... almost all of us didn't want to face our bitter memories. ...ehem, prom, ehem...

Went back to the hotel at about 2am then I accompanied Kar in going to ministop to buy chocolates for the birthday girls. Sasamahan daw ako ni Kar na mgyosi... Lame excuse na nahalata ni mega. Hahaha:) Adventure kami ni Kar naka-dalawang ministop pa kami bago makabili ng gift si Kar.

Opening of presents ni Mega and Lari. Sayang di nila mapanuod yung gift ko. I hope they'll like it. First time ko lang ginawa yon.

Most finally settled in their sleeping place, while Karen, Mega, Kar and I huddled on the carpet and updated ourselves on each other's lives. Kar and I stayed up until 5:52am, waiting for the sunrise but we missed it just because we weren't looking.

Sobrang huge record to. I didn't sleep until 6:30 when I got bored because everybody's asleep by then and I had no one to talk to...haha ...first time, saya, galing, may potential pala akong maging insomniac. Whahaha

Leche mga taxi driver na sinakyan ko...kapagod makipagaway.

I had a blast. I had fun. Thanks Mega and Lari!! Cheers to our six years of friendship:) and another toast to make it last forever!